Help Owners And Their Dogs Live Happier Lives Together.
Bark & Birch is a hyper-growth startup company that is on a journey to become the number one global dog services company.
We currently train between 150 – 200 dogs per month, run doggy daycares, grooming vans, manufacture our own products and operate dog rescue centres whilst in the process of opening up vegan dog food & pet insurance departments. We are also getting ready for our investment round.
If you live and breathe marketing, we need to talk. We’re looking for a flexible and versatile marketer who will be responsible for the growth of all our marketing & sales channels.
Although experienced you understand that working for a fast-growing startup is hard work and are the kind of person that will roll up your sleeves, put in long hours and lead by example with no task being too small or too big. This role will initially include doing odd jobs, answering random questions, taking on small projects that don’t fall to any particular team.
The area of responsibility for this role is wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various marketing processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of marketing activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
This role will be based out of our Central Lisbon office run by our CEO who is moving from the UK to Portugal.
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Implement a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Analyze consumer behaviour and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Create and implement email & marketing automation
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience as a marketing manager, marketing director, head of marketing
- Minimum of 2 years people management experience
- PR & Brand management
- BSc/MSc degree in Marketing or related field
- You are a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have broad business knowledge, being data-driven and committed to productivity and compliance.
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Ideally you understand and have worked with Hubspot, Mailchimp
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Content marketing experience
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
In return, we offer
- Be the first to take on this newly created role allowing you loads of freedom to make this your own and work directly alongside our CEO
- Be part of a hyper-growth startup that is getting ready for an investment round which will open up global leadership opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and other benefits
Bark and Birch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.